This is my personal site for setting up Zabbix to “monitor anything.” Zabbix is a powerful open-source monitoring tool that can be set up to work with any communication protocol. It is completely free to use, so download it and try it out.
Official Zabbix Documentation can be found here.
- TV Control via Enplug and Mersive Solstice PodsTV control typically requires external hardware that uses an additional data port, power outlet, and some type of custom programming. Costs are usually around $80 to $150 per display and have to be managed on some type of proprietary system. In commercial and corporate environments, most displays have some form of hardware behind them for […]
- Adding Scripts to ZabbixScripts in Zabbix can be used to generate item data for monitoring, for actions when a trigger occurs, or allow users to manually run from the web interface. Scripts can be any language and do basically anything as long as it can accept command line arguments and the output can be seen by Zabbix. This […]
- Chicken CoopIn the summer of 2020 I designed and helped build a chicken coop in Upstate New York to house 6 hens. I had about two weeks to do the design in AutoCAD and get a material list put together so I got to work researching what is considered a “good” coop design. I found the […]
- MusicI enjoy a diverse selection of genres but there are a few albums that I listen to pretty regularly. This list is in no particular order. One Size Fits AllMothers of InventionSpotify PunisherPhoebe BridgersSpotify How To Be a Human BeingGlass AnimalsSpotify Alien Love SecretsSteve VaiSpotify …Like ClockworkQueens of the Stone AgeSpotify The Slim Shady EPEminemSpotify […]
- Templates in ZabbixEverything set at the template level is inherited by hosts. The advantage of this design is that a large number of hosts can be applied to a template and they will all be monitored the exact same way. Modifications made to the template are applied to all hosts associated with the template, but customization to […]